Leading from the Left

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

If You Were Governor...

Now that Secretary Odom has resigned, I am planning on writing Governor Easley a letter encouraging him to appoint a replacement who 'gets it' when it comes to mental health reform in North Carolina. The Governor has an opportunity to appoint new leadership at the Department of Health and Human Services who will acknowledge that mistakes have been made and will work co-operatively with the mental health community to chart a new course.

I have my own thoughts, of course, about what to include in this letter. But I'd also like to hear from you all. What needs to be said the Governor as he considers who to appoint as Secretary of DHHS? What qualities should this individual have? What issues should they focus on first?

Email your thoughts to me at mikenelsonnc@aol.com. Thanks for the help!

Labels: ,