More Predictions for 2007
5. By this time next year, Hillary will emerge as the clear front runner for the Democratic nonimiation for president. I predict she will win the nomination fairly easily, and go on to win the general election.
4. American Idol loser Jennifer Hudson will win an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal of Effie in “Dreamgirls.”
3. After toying with the notion of running for Lt. Governor or Governor, Rep Bill Faison will decide instead to run for a third term representing Orange and Caswell Counties. Again, he will run unopposed.
2. Ellie Kinnaird will announce that she is not running for re-election in 2008 and a large field of candidates will emerge by the end of the year.
1. Congress will make history by passisng the first federal gay rights legislation, either a Hate Crimes bill or the Employment Non-discrimination Act.