Leading from the Left

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Time Flies

Wow.

I looked at this blog this morning and realized that I hadn't posted since September 21st. Partly, this hiatus was because I was out of town at a training in Portland, OR. But mainly, I simply got out of the habit of writing every day.

Back to work....

Last night I attended a wonderful fundraiser in Chapel Hill for NARAL Pro-Choice North Carolina. NARAL, as many of you probably know, is the nations premier advocacy organization working to protect a woman's right to choose.

I'm a proud supporter of NARAL, and have been for 20 years. Who would have thought, 20 years, ago that we'd still be fighting this battle? That we'd have a Supreme Court teetering on the edge of rolling back a woman's right to choose? That 30% of the pharmacies in North Carolina would refuse to order emergency contraception (EC)?

The work of NARAL and other pro-choice organizations is as important now as it's ever been. Here's the link to NARAL ProChoice North Carolina. Please consider donating to their efforts to protect a woman's right to make decisions about her own body.